Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Stream of consciousness thinking and researching

Tonight I read this post about The Great House by Nicole Krauss.

I went to find more information about the book and about Nicole Krauss to figure out what the title of her first book was.  I learned that it was A Man Walked Into a Room, which I realized I already own but haven't read yet.  I also learned that Nicole Krauss is married to Jonathan Safran Foer.

I read a negative review of Jonathan Safran Foer and his work, which I completely disagree with because I LOVE his writing, but realize that it's not for everyone.  (I was surprised to learn how many of his ideas he supposedly copied from other writers.)

I saw that there were links to a bunch of Jonathan Safran Foer's short stories, so I read "Cravings" about famous people's mothers.  That led me to think about Adolf Hitler's parents and when they died, so I went to find out more about Adolf Hitler and his father and his mother.  I found out that they died when he was in his twenties.  I also found out that he had a sister, who outlived him.

I read "A Primer for the Punctuation of Heart Disease" and couldn't figure out my opinion on it.  Either I absolutely love it because of the way that it perfectly describes the way family members talk to each other or I absolutely hate it for butchering punctuation, which I also absolutely LOVE.  Maybe even more than I LOVE Jonathan Safran Foer.

(Doesn't this post kind of read like a poem?  I think I like it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!