Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Prompt 1: One Word.

Encapsulate the year 2010 in one word. Explain why you’re choosing that word. Now, imagine it’s one year from today, what would you like the word to be that captures 2011 for you?

This year has been about trust. Trust that my husband loves me.  Trust that we can afford to buy a house.  Trust that our honeymoon, for which I did the majority of the planning, would turn out well.  Trust that we can take care of a puppy.  Trust that no matter what happens to us, we are in this life together.


I tend to worry a lot about things that are not in my control, so the idea of having to trust others can be hard for me.  And I've had to trust a lot of people this year - God, my husband, our realtor, the former owners of our house, the owners of the bed and breakfasts where we stayed, or the people who  ran the animal shelter where we got our puppy.  I think that having to relinquish control and trust in others was definitely good for me.  I hadn't really thought about the fact that I had to do that this year until writing this, but that really does sum up the year.


I would love for 2011 to be about intention.  I spend way too much time doing whatever is easiest instead of taking the time to think about what I really want to do with my time.  That means that a lot of my time gets wasted on things that aren't all that important.  I would love to be more intentional with my time and energy, to deliberately think about what I want to do with my minutes because they quickly add up to hours, days, weeks, months, and years.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like this idea! Can I steal it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Check out http://www.reverb10.com/ and you can sign up to follow the prompts they're doing. There are 31 and it concentrates on finishing out the year and then thinking about next year.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!