Monday, December 6, 2010

Prompt 6: Make

What was the last thing you made?  What materials did you use?  Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?


I have had so much fun decorating our house for Christmas!  The main thing I made was the wreath for our front door.  I'd already made a wreath that I used to hang on the door of our apartment, but it moved inside this year because I wanted a bigger wreath for the front door of the house.
The old wreath

The new wreath
Can you tell I like the sparkly, spirally things since they're in both wreaths?  I'm also pretty proud of the bow on the new wreath.  It's looking a little worse for wear at the moment because it's been outside in the wind and the snow.  I've never been able to make the big, decorative bows, but this year I figured I'd give it a try.  I think the bows I made (they're also on the lights on either side of the garage and on the lamppost in the front yard) turned out pretty well.

I would love to set aside some time to scrapbook!  I have some of the wedding scrapbook done, but it's hard for me to make much progress on it because I feel like the scrapbook has to look as good as the pictures, which are absolutely gorgeous!  I also have to scrapbook buying and moving into the house and our honeymoon and I want to scrapbook the Christmas cards this year.  Last year I scrapbooked our Christmas card and some of the cards that we got from our family and friends.  It's a great way to keep track of what's happened in our lives and the lives of our family and friends in the past year.  I know there's a lot I want to get done, but I'm really excited about it!  I can't wait to have some time over Christmas break to start on it.


3 comments:

  1. What a lovely wreath! Wreaths are my favorite decoration for the holidays! So many possibilities! Thanks for your sweet note on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would love to have a friend to scrapbook with! I mostly only make cards... but never set aside time anymore. Maybe if we did it together, I would! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh. Good idea! We should definitely do that!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!