- Depression/anxiety - I will remember to take time for myself. I will talk to Andrew about how I'm feeling and remember that the way I'm feeling is not necessarily the way things are.
- Weight - I need to seriously commit to my health in 2011. I am tired of feeling unhappy with my weight and with my body. I will continue the personal training with Andrew and remember that I'm happier when I work out on a consistent basis.
- Dehydration - I do not drink a lot of water unless I make the conscious effort to drink a lot of water, which means that I'm dehydrated most of the time. I need to remember that I feel better when I've been drinking water and I'm not dehydrated.
- Wasting time - I need to think about how I'm spending my time and make a conscious effort to spend it the way I want to. This means limiting the time I spend watching TV or reading blogs and making time for things like talking to Andrew, playing with Schmoo, working out, and reading books. I need to remember that when I'm not thinking about how I spend my time, I usually end up wasting it.
- Responsibility for things that aren't in my control - As Andrew said to me today, I need to stop taking responsibility for things that aren't in my control. So I can't take responsibility for other people's thoughts or actions. I can only be responsible for myself and remember that that's enough.
- Lack of sleep - I know this is ironic considering that I'm writing this post at 12:11 at night, but I have a tendency to not get enough sleep and then to feel guilty when I need to catch up on sleep. Today I took a long nap and it was wonderful. When i woke up, I felt stressed and more motivated to do the things that I wanted to get done today. I need to remember that taking time to sleep is not a waste of time.
- Negativity - I have a tendency to think very negatively about things sometimes. I've found that if I make a conscious effort to think positively about something than I will usually feel better about it. So I need to remember that the way I think about things affects the way I feel about them.
- Anti-social tendencies - I already posted about my anti-social tendencies when I feel stressed. I need to remember that I enjoy being around people, even if I don't think that I will and to simply go be social!
- Being too hard on myself - I am always way to hard on myself, mostly because I have really high expectations for myself and for those around me. I need to remember that I'm not perfect and that that's okay.
- Being too hard on Andrew - I am also too hard on Andrew because he's the one I spend most of my time with. I also need to remember that Andrew's not perfect and that that's okay. If he was, I wouldn't love him as much as I do!
- Disconnection from God - I need to remember that it's important for me to feel connected to God. I often let things get in the way of my relationship with him, especially some of the things that I've listed above, and I need to remember that that's the most important thing in my life and I need to treasure it above everything else.
Sunday, December 12, 2010
Prompt 11: 11 Things
What are 11 things your life doesn't need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life?