Friday, January 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

Source
I don't consider myself a superstitious person.  I don't believe in horoscopes (though I like to read them anyway) or fortune tellers, but for some reason, my students always end up acting crazy on Friday the 13th.  Maybe it had nothing to do with the fact that it was Friday the 13th and it just had to do with the fact that it was Friday, but today was the worst day I had all week.

I hadn't had any discipline problems all week and then I had problems in two of my four classes.  Problems that were big enough I had to write the students up...

On top of that, the school (which has been converted from a warehouse/office building) has horrible heating issues.  Thankfully, I have my own thermostat that controls my room and the computer lab across the hall, though it only works some of the time.  When I came in this morning, the temperature in my room was 59 degrees even though the thermostat was set at a reasonable 70 degrees.  It took from 8:00 until 12:45 for the temperature to get up to 70 degrees.  Then during the hour we had lunch and there was no one in my room the temperature manage to fall back down to 66 degrees!  Needless to say, I wore my coat for most of the day.

I already had the beginning of a cold when I came to school and being freezing for most of the day didn't help so tonight I'm taking it easy (while Andrew's out at a party...) so I can be ready to go to dinner at The Capital Grill tomorrow night.  I hope your Friday the 13th was better than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!