Saturday, January 1, 2011

Starting the new year off with a bang...

...literally!

Andrew and I were on our way over to my parent's house to spend the night with them, my sister, and her fiance.  We had Schmoo with us so that he could play with the other dogs while we hung out.  About two miles away from their house, the back left tire started sounding strange.  I thought, well we're almost there.  We can just keep driving on it until we get there and then figure out what's going on.  But we didn't manage to make it that far.

We went through the last light before my parent's house and then the whole car started shaking so I put on my hazards and pulled to the side of the road.  We had a nice couple pull up beside us to make sure that we had a phone to call for help.  We called my parent's and told them that we needed Justin, my sister's fiance who's really good with cars, to come help us.  After that, we had a fire truck pull up behind us and one of the firemen got out and asked us what was going on.  I told him that we had blown out our tire and that we had help on the way.  He said that he would have a police car come pull up behind us while we were dealing with the tire and then he started directing traffic.

In about two minutes, Justin and his brother, Kyle, came to help us.  Andrew took Schmoo and walked him to my parent's house, which we could see from where we were, to get him out of the way, while I watched Justin and Kyle put on the spare tire.

As I told my parents when I got the car to their house, when I do anything, I do it well.  I think the pictures make that obvious.
The nail and screw that we found in the tire when we took it off probably had something to do with it!



At least I know that 2011 can only get better from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!