Wednesday, January 5, 2011

More heartbreak

Today was the first day we had students at school again.  We had two teacher work days to prepare, but I realized that I wasn't totally prepared.  Remember when I posted about the student who was having the week from hell earlier?  His father died over our winter break.  We have another student whose father died over winter break as well.  These kids are some of the sweetest kids I know and it just breaks my heart.  I know how hard it was for Andrew to lose a parent when he was in college.  I can't imagine how hard that would be in high school.  I didn't even know what to say to them when I saw them today.  I debated whether to say something to them about it or to not say something to them and let them simply pretend like it didn't happen for a few hours, though I know that there's no way to pretend about that...

Prayers for them both would be much appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!