|Picture and recipe found here|
Almond Ricotta Cheesecake
- 1 cup finely crushed graham crackers
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 and 1/2 tsp. almond extract
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped blanched almonds (I left these out of mine.)
- Combine crust ingredients. Press evenly over bottom and 1 and 1/2 inches up sides of an 8-inch springform pan.
- Combine ricotta cheese, sugar, whipping cream, flour, salt, water and almond extract in large bowl of electric mixer; blend until smooth. Add eggs one at a time; blend until smooth. Stir in chopped almonds. Pour into pan and bake in preheated 350 degree oven 1 hour or until set.
- Cool in oven with door propped open 30 minutes. Refrigerate 4 hours or longer before serving.