- Four students were caught drinking alcohol at school (seriously!) and taken away in police cars
- The school went on lockdown because we had to catch the students that were drinking
- A student threatened another teacher during my class and was suspended pending expulsion
- A student and I argued about his texting on his iphone during my class. He said he wasn't. I said he was. I took his phone for the rest of the day
- A student and I argued about my giving him a lunch detention for skipping out on my class the day before. He ended up skipping the lunch detention and ending up in in-school suspension. Then he ended up skipping out of in-school suspension so who knows what's next.
Why did all of this happen? Because someone mentioned in our staff meeting on Wednesday that it had been a quiet week so of course the week couldn't continue to be quiet. We always manage to jinx ourselves.