Monday, August 2, 2010

Not enough devotion

 Welcome to my blog!  I'm feeling really inspired by the title, which I borrowed from the wonderful Mark Doty.  (If you haven't read his poems and books, you should definitely check them out.  I love the way he uses language to make almost every line he writes absolutely beautiful.)
There is little enough devotion in the world that we should be glad for it in whatever form it appears, and never mock it, or underestimate its depths.
- from Dog Years by Mark Doty
I love the idea of devotion because it changes so much depending on the thing you're showing your devotion to.  Of course, there are so many things that I'm devoted to - God, my husband, my family, my friends, my cats, my students, my school, learning, reading, and creating to name a few.  I couldn't narrow the focus of my blog down to just one of those things, so this is the perfect opportunity for me to blog about any and all of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!