Thursday, August 5, 2010

Devotion to the gym!?!

I used to have devotion to a gym.  In fact, I used to work out with a trainer 2-3 times a week and be on my way to accomplishing my fitness goals.  That was before my trainer up and left with no warning.  And, while I shouldn't have, I used it as an excuse to stop going to the gym.  And then my gym went out of business and I've been without a gym since.

Until today.  Today I decided that it was time to check out a new gym - LA Fitness.  I had driven by it before, but had never been inside.  So I went in for a tour and was really impressed.  The membership includes the use of all of the facilities, including all of the classes, the pool, the sauna, and the squash courts.  After hearing about the squash courts, I was sold!  Just kidding...I don't even know how to play squash.

After calling Andrew and running it by him, I signed us both up for the gym membership and talked to one of the staff members about doing a personal training session later that night.  I know that personal training works really, really well for me because I have someone to hold me accountable for working out so I was really excited, I just wasn't sure if Andrew would be excited about it.  He wasn't sure about it until he actually worked out with the trainer and then I think he understood what I liked about it - being able to show up and go through a great workout without having to think about what you were going to do because the trainer is telling you what to do.

Then we found out that we can work out with a trainer at the same time and only count it as one session so we decided to go for it!  Andrew and I are working out with a trainer three times a week for the next year!  I'm so excited!  It's expensive, but we figured that it'll be a good experience for us to work out together because we can keep each other accountable and encourage each other.  Besides, it's a great investment in keeping ourselves healthy and happy so in the end we think that it's totally worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!