Friday, December 9, 2011

Prompt 9

When were you most scared this year?


I was most scared this year when I was trying to get Andrew to deal with his depression.  I have experienced my own depression, but I didn't appreciate how hard it is to be the one who's living with the person who's depressed.  (I actually called my college roommate to talk about this because she was the one who had to live with me when I was depressed.)

I knew he was feeling al sorts of emotions, but I wasn't able to do anything to help other than tell him that I was there and supporting him.  I actually had a really hard time trying to figure out how much to push him to deal with the depression.  It was hard to be the only one he was comfortable talking to and I knew that I had to get him to talk to someone who actually knew how to help him, because as much as I wanted to I just wasn't able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!