Monday, December 5, 2011

Prompt 5

What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why?

Image from here
Since I just posted about the loss of my grandma, you already know whom I let go of this year.  Instead, I'll talk about what I let go of, which was the belief that I can control the things around me.  I am always trying to do this, but obviously it is just not possible because too much is out of my control.  With everything that happened this year from Andrew's job searching to Andrew's going back to school to daily events that I had to deal with at school, I was constantly being reminded that I was not in control.  That's a hard lesson to learn (and relearn) but a good one because I definitely don't know what I'm doing enough to be in control.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!