Sunday, November 4, 2012

Thankful November: my church

Today I'm thankful for my church, Orchard Park Presbyterian.  I have been going to this church since I was in the fourth grade.  We've gone through some changes since then (almost doubled the size of our building, changed ministers, added a contemporary service) and we're currently going through more changes while we have an interim minister and search for a new head minister.  I absolutely love this church and have committed to seeing what happens during all of these changes.

In the same way,  I've been committed to the contemporary service.  It isn't perfect by any means, but it's been growing and changing over the past several years.  Today was a huge change for that service because we moved it from the pavilion (a large gym/recreation room at one end of the church) to the sanctuary.  I can't say that everything went perfectly, but overall the congregation seemed really receptive of the service and the work that so many had done to get it ready for its move to the sanctuary.  I'm glad to be a part of a church that's willing to change and grow and take risks, the same way the original members who founded the church did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!