Thursday, November 1, 2012

Thankful November

Today begins Thankful November! I invite you to join me in participating in the "Today I am thankful for..." blog posts. Each day this month, you post something for which you are thankful.

Today I'm thankful for our amazing vet!  Her name is Sheryl Johnson and she works at Companion Animal Medical Center.  We go to the same church and our families has been friends ever since I (and then later my little sister) nannied for her two girls during the summer.  She's an amazing woman who  made me feel so much better about my poor dog Schmoo today because I knew he was in such good hands!

When I woke up this morning, I came downstairs and let Schmoo out, gave him breakfast, and then let him out again. (He has his routine down!)  When I let him in from the backyard, I noticed that his tail looked strange.  When he came in, I looked at it more closely and realized something was definitely wrong!  

Schmoo normally has a really perky tail that he wags at almost everything and today his tail was hanging limply between his legs.  I was so worried about it that I went upstairs and woke Andrew up so he could look up at Schmoo's tail.  We thought it was broken and were both really worried.  

I called the vet's office and set up an appointment so that she could take a look at Schmoo's tail.  When the vet looked at Schmoo, she determined that he had limber tail.  She put Schmoo on antibiotics and hopefully his tail should be back to normal in a few days.  It definitely helped me to worry less to know that Sheryl was the one looking after Schmoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!