Tuesday, March 6, 2012

On keeping a positive attitude

I definitely struggle with keeping a positive attitude.  Sometimes it's just so easy to give in to the negativity and complain about the things that are bothering me.  If I'm actually to complain and then let the negativity go, then it's fine.  But most of the time, I end up stuck in the negativity and the complaining and whatever else seems to go with that.  (Thankfully, that is not what happened today!)

The thing that makes keeping a positive attitude even harder?  Having to deal with someone else who is stuck in negativity.  What do you do when someone else simply refuses to move on from the negativity and complaining?  Whether it's my husband, my family members, my coworkers, or my students, I know that (most of the time) I'm not the reason for their negativity.  And I know that I'm not in control of their feelings.

But there are times when I'm stuck around someone like that and it seems impossible to ignore them and their negative attitude.  But lately, I've really been working on not spending time around people with negative attitudes (if I can avoid it in any way) and not letting others' negative attitudes drag me down.  I don't always succeed in these things, but I do find that being aware of how other's attitudes affects me helps me to not let it affect me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!