Monday, September 5, 2011

The goodness of Goodwill

If you're my Facebook friend, you may have seen this as my status over the weekend:
Gretchen bought jeans at Goodwill today for $3.50 at the storewide 50% off sale. Then I found $2 in the pocket, so my jeans only cost me $1.50!
Not only was finding $2 in the pocket of the jeans an awesome experience, but shopping at Goodwill was as well.  I am a huge supporter of Goodwill.  I love their mission and I LOVE shopping at the stores, especially those in central Indiana because people tend to donate new or slightly used clothing items that are in perfect condition.

While shopping at the Goodwill 50% off sale this weekend and spending a little over $20 I managed to get:
Image from here
-3 pairs of jeans
-1 pair of yoga pants
-1 sweater
-1 long sleeved shirt
-1 short sleeved shirt

That doesn't include the $2 I found in the pocket of one of the pairs of jeans.  That means I really got all of those things for a little over $18.  Score!

Why spend more money than you have to when you can shop at Goodwill, spend less money, and make every shopping experience a bargain-hunting adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!