Saturday, April 2, 2011

Movie review: Yes Man

Last night I started watching Yes Man about half way through.  Thankfully I was watching it on one of those channels that replays the movie again directly afterwards so I eventually saw the whole thing.  While there were parts that went a little too far for me, I liked the overall idea of the movie, which is basically about saying "yes" to your life and being open to the experiences that present themselves.

I have two favorite scenes in the movie.  The first was when Jim Carey and Zooey Deschanel go on a date to the airport where they decide to leave on the next flight that's boarding.  How fun would that be to do?

The second scene was where Jim Carey talks a jumper down off a ledge by singing him the song "Jumper" and the entire crowd on the ground starts singing along.  Who doesn't love that song?

My favorite quote in the movie pretty much sums up the overall feeling of the movie.  "The world's a playground.  You know that when you're a kid, but somewhere along the way everyone forgets it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE reading your comments!