Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!

It's our first Halloween in our new house so I'm anxiously awaiting trick or treaters (as I was writing this sentence our first two rang the doorbell!).  I love seeing the kids dressed up in their costumes.  It's especially exciting to be greeting trick or treaters at our house because we have a lot more kids in our neighborhood than my parents do in their neighborhood.  I told my parents I'd count how many kids we got so we could compare.

We've gone all out this year, decorating the front door, carving pumpkins, and getting lots of candy for trick or treaters.  We also embraced the holiday food.  I've made three batches of Pumpkin Fluff (a recipe that my friend Nancy gave me), eaten peanut butter caramel dip with some apples, and even tried Witches' Brew, which is a spiced red wine that you heat up to drink.  

The pumpkin fluff tastes like the inside of a pumpkin pie.  You can eat it on its own or with graham crackers.  I think it's better the second day because the pudding has a chance to set up a little more so it's thicker.  The Witches' Brew was different than I expected, but I'm going to give it another try.  I actually think I like it better cold than hot, but you can drink it either way.

Have a great Halloween and check out the recipe for pumpkin fluff below.

Pumpkin Fluff (It's technically called Pumpkin Cloud, but I like the name Pumpkin Fluff better...)
1 (16 oz.) can pumpkin
3 cups milk
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (I substituted allspice because I didn't have nutmeg)
2 packages vanilla instant pudding
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
cool whip

Combine all ingredients with a mixer.  Blend in cool whip.  Best served as a dip with graham crackers, though my students at school were dipping brownies into it.

1 comment:

  1. Isn't the pumpkin fluff super delicious?? :) Glad you are enjoying it!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE reading your comments!